Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 31st July 2022.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
This will be the last weekly update published before the end of August.
This Sunday everything will be as normal. Our morning service will take place at the chapel at 10am, followed by the online service on Zoom at 11.30am. We'll be finishing our series on Hebrews, and there will be chidlren's activities provided. We hope to see you there!
For more info about our services, click here.
From Monday 1st August James & Julia will be taking the first month of their sabbatical.
For more details about services and other activities during this time, and how to get in touch with someone from the church, please click here.
Supporting Vulnerable Families
Thank you to everyone who has already made a donation towards the local project, being run out of Launchpad, providing meals for local families during the holidays.
For more info, or if you'd like to to make a donation online, please click here. Alternatively, please bring a cheque/cash in a marked envelope and leave it in the offering. Thank you!
Salt & Light
Last Sunday we had a guest, Heidi, giving a notice about a special production coming to Budleigh called 'Salt and Light.' The production will take place on Wednesday 31st August at Temple Methodist Church, and will include shanties, stories and spoken word pieces telling stories about Jesus from the perspective of the first disciples.
For more info and to book tickets please click here.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Please join us this week as we pray for the nation of Chad.
- Please pray for continued wisdom and skill for BMS worker Kalbassou Doubassou as he works through the long list for surgery and leads Guinebor II Hospital (G2). Please continue to pray for another surgeon to join the team.
- Please pray for Claire Bedford, managing the pharmacy at G2, as she increasingly finds medicines expensive and hard to source. Pray for medicines to be made more easily accessible.
- Please pray for Andrea and Mark Hotchkin’s safety and well-being as they deliver medical services in a government hospital in Bardaï, one of the most fragile and remote areas of the world.
For more information about BMS and how you can pray with them during August, please click here.