Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 24th July 2022.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the Splash! picnic last Sunday. We had a great time playing, making, reflecting, praying and eating together!
As mentioned at the church meeting, James & Julia will be taking the whole of August as the first month of their sabbatical, meaning that they won't be available during that time.
We'll be sending out an email in the next few days with details about services during August, pastoral care, emergency contact details and everything else you need to know.
Supporting Vulnerable Families
At the church meeting we agreed that we wanted to set up a special fund to raise some money for the Launchpad café, based at the Hub, who will be providing meals for vulnerable families in the town over the school holidays. We have committed to give at least £250, but would love to give more if possible.
If you'd like to make a donation, please bring a cheque/cash in a marked envelope and leave it in the offering, or click here to give online. Thank you!
Laura Lee Lovering
Laura Lee Lovering, the BMS World Mission worker based in Peru who we support as a church, has a new blog post out. You can read it by clicking here. Please keep Laura, and her family, in your prayers.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Please join us this week as we pray for the BMS community.
- Many churches have faced major setbacks as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Pray that God would bless our churches, and that they would be renewed afresh to serve him.
- Pray that the next generation of young Christians would grow up passionate about world mission. Pray for churches working with young people, that they would pass on this heart for mission.
- Pray for the BMS volunteers who serve on various committees, such as the BMS Council and the Board of Trustees. Pray that the Holy Spirit would fill them and guide their decision-making.
To find out more about BMS World Mission and the work they do all around the world, click here.