Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 30th October 2022.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 30th October
This week's services will be at 10am at the chapel and 11.30am on Zoom as usual (see below for the Zoom details).
We'll be worshipping together, hearing about this year's shoebox appeal and continuing our series looking at the seven signs in John's gospel. Children's activities will be provided.
Don't forget that the clocks go back at 2am on Sunday 30th October!
For more info about our services, click here.
As part of next week's Splash! service, we're going to be making lanterns out of glass jars. If you have any used jars you don't need, please bring them with you to the service tomorrow or next week.
Any sort of jar will do, but ideally they need to be clear glass, clean, and large enough to fit a tealight candle in and for a child to hold comfortably. We don't need the lids.
On Friday 11th November the church will be hosting a quiz night at the chapel. The evening will start at 6pm and include fish and chips.
The cost of the evening will be £6 per head to include a 'small appetite cod and chips' and soft drinks/teas/coffees. If you would like to come please sign up on Sunday or send us an email.
On Sunday 13th November we'll be joining with others in the community to mark Remembrance Sunday.
At 2pm there will be a wreath-laying ceremony at the War Memorial on Coastguard Hill, followed by a remembrance service at 2.45pm at St. Peter's Church. There won't be a parade between the two this year - instead everyone si invited to make their own way to the church.
Christmas Shoebox Appeal
We've already had a great response to the CR2EE Shoebox Appeal for Moldova - thank you!
It's not too late to get involved - for more info and a list of gift suggestions, please click here.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Join us as we pray for North Korea.
- In January 2020, North Korea introduced strict zero-Covid policies, with an almost total closure of borders. It has since experienced plummeting trade and severe shortages of basic products. Pray for a well-managed border re-opening to supply people’s needs, while keeping necessary public health measures.
- Border closures mean foreigners cannot travel to the country for their usual work. Pray for the resumption of travel, especially for those doing long-term work there.
- The two Koreas have had both a mutual antipathy and affection for each other during seven decades of separation. Pray that there will be a time when they join together and cry out for healing from their exile.
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.