Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 17th December 2023.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 17th December
Tomorrow we'll back at the chapel and online at 10.30am as we continue our Advent series together.
Then at 5.30pm we'll be gathering again for our Candlelit Carol Service. This is always a really special service, so do come if you can. Afterwards we'll be serving coffee, mulled wine and other refreshments. If you're able to bring some finger food to add to the table, it would be much appreciated!
This week we've been invited to sing carols in a couple of local residential homes.
- Tuesday morning at 11am at Bay Court.
- Thursday at 2.30pm at Pinewood
If you can join us for one or both of those, it would be much appreciated!
Longest Night Service
On Thursday 21st Dec at 7.30pm we'll be holding a Longest Night Service. This will be a quieter, more reflective service for anyone who finds Christmas hard, who is missing loved ones, or who needs a little space to breathe in the chaos.
We have some printed flyers available advertising both this service and the carol service - please feel free to take some to give to friends and neighbours.
Details of our Christmas services are now available on the website, which you can see by clicking here.
More events may be added as details are finalised, so watch this space for updates!
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Join others this week in praying for those committed to providing life-saving care and support to some of the poorest communities around the world.
- Lift up the mental health work delivered by BMS partners in Afghanistan. After decades of conflict, many people in Afghanistan have witnessed extreme violence and are psychologically damaged by their experiences of loss and fear.
- BMS partners in Nepal provide health education alongside improved water, sanitation and hygiene facilities. Pray for healthier communities and a chance to share Christ's love.
- Pray for BMS mission worker Kalbassou Doubassou as he leads Guinebor II Hospital in Chad. Pray especially for Kalbassou in his work as a surgeon at the hospital.