Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 16th October 2022.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 16th October
This week's services will be at 10am at the chapel and 11.30am on Zoom as usual (see below for the Zoom details).
We'll be celebrating the work of BMS World Mission, and in particular the work they're involved with in rural Nepal.
Click the video to the right/below to watch a short trailer for what's coming.
The service will include a special collection for BMS. If you took an envelope last week, please don't forget to bring it back. If you'd rather give directly to BMS online, you can do so by clicking here.
For more info about our services, click here.
Please be aware that there are a high number of COVID cases locally, including a couple of cases in our church family. The initial symptoms are often similar to a common cold.
If you're joining us in the chapel on Sunday you may want to consider wearing a face covering. Alternatively, if you are concerned or feeling under the weather you can always join us online.
The October newsletter from Exmouth Foodbank is now available by clicking here.
Demand for the foodbank continues to rise, so all donations are gratefully received. There is a box for donations at the entrance to the chapel.
If you or someone you know would value help from the foodbank, you can contact them directly on the link above, or speak to James or Julia.
Don't forget that our church members' meeting will take place on Wednesday 19th October, starting at 7.30pm in the chapel. This will include a short special church meeting for one decision that needs to be made.
Please join us if you possibly can.
Also this week we have our working party at the chapel on Friday 21st October from 10am-12pm.
This is a chance to help do some basic maintenance, cleaning and clearing out. We'd love to see lots of you there!
On Friday 11th November the church will be hosting a quiz night at the chapel. The evening will start at 6pm and include fish and chips.
More details will follow soon, but please put the date in your diaries for now!
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
BMS is committed to helping people in fragile states and tough places across the world.
- Pray for our sisters and brothers in Ukraine, that they will know God close to them. Thank God that BMS is able to provide support to Baptist churches in the region through our partnership with the European Baptist Federation.
- A shocking 80 per cent of Chad’s population lives below the poverty line. BMS workers here save lives on a daily basis in BMS-supported hospitals, as well as demonstrating God’s love. Pray for resilience in such a challenging context.
- Afghanistan continues to experience food shortages, educational limitations and violence. Pray for wisdom for those leading BMS-supported work here, that they will bring hope in God’s name.
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.