Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 8th January 2023.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 8th Jan - Splash
This Sunday we've got the first Splash! service of the new year. We'll be meeting at 10.30am at the CHAPEL (not the school!). You can also participate via Zoom as usual.
We'll be exploring the idea of God being creator and using the story of the calming of the storm. Do join us if you can!
Sabbatical Part 2
From Monday 9th Jan until Friday 3rd Feb, James & Julia will be taking the second part of their sabbatical. This means that, apart from special circumstances, we won't be around at services or activities or be available during the week. If you have any pastoral needs or need to get in touch with someone from the church during this time, please phone 01395 911332 or email email@example.com. One of the deacons will respond to you asap.
During our sabbatical there won't be weekly news updates. However, all the regular services and activities will be continuing as usual - see the diary below for more details. We're very grateful to everyone who has been and will be working hard to enable us to take this time.
Our services on the 15th, 22nd and 29th Jan will continue as normal at 10.30am each week at the chapel.
On the 15th Rev Carl Smethurst, Regional Minister for the SWBA, will be preaching. The preachers and worship leaders for the other weeks will be Pat, Hilary and Carole.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Please join us as we look to 2023 and pray for the year ahead.
- Many countries still struggling with the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic have now been impacted economically by the conflict in Ukraine. Pray that we will be able to support those in need as they face these challenges.
- Praise God for all the people who’ve given to BMS over the last year. Pray that they know how important their giving is to our work, and that more people will be called to give this year.
- Many of our mission workers serve in fragile locations. Pray that the Lord would continue to protect them and that their work brings more people to faith in him.
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.