Happy New Year!
Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 7th January 2024.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sun 7th Jan
We're looking forward to seeing you tomorrow as we gather for our first communion service of the new year. As part of the service we'll be recommitting ourselves to God and each other in covenant relationship.
We'll also be learning a new song together - click the player to the right/below to listen to it.
The service will start at 10.30am as usual, and you can join us at the chapel and online.
Exmouth Foodbank News
The January news update from Exmouth Foodbank is available to read by clicking here.
You'll see that they are looking to replenish core stock of long life items such as: longlife milk, breakfast cereals, tinned soups, baked beans, tinned spaghetti, tins of vegetables, tins of meat and fish, jars of pasta sauce, packets of rice, custard, rice pudding and tins of fruit.
Any donations can be placed in the box in the foyer of the chapel.
Laura Lee Lovering
Laura Lee Lovering, the BMS mission worker we support in Peru, has written a new blog post about Christmas and new year, as well as the threat of El Nino!
Click here to read it, and please keep Laura in your prayers.
Throughout 2024 the Baptist Union will be holding regular online prayer times encouraging us to pray together.
The first of these will be on Wed 10th Jan at 10.30am and will be live on Youtube. The theme for the day will be 'Fixing our eyes on Jesus'. You can join by clicking here.
BMS World Mission
Join us this week in praying for BMS-supported gender justice ministries across the world.
- Ask God for wisdom for Justice Livelihoods Health, BMS’ partner in Uganda. Pray that their interventions will reduce inequalities and ensure justice for both females and males.
- Pray for BMS partners supporting refugees and asylum seekers. Women are often the most vulnerable, frequently facing injustice and inequality not only in their context of origin but also in their new location.
- Praise God for gender champions and BMS partners who have embraced women in leadership. May their efforts help free girls and women from gender-based violence.
For more info about BMS and how you can support them in prayer and giving, click here.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191