Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 6th November 2022.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 6th November
On Sunday morning we've got a special Splash service taking place in the forest school area at the top of the school field.
We'll be lighting the fire, toasting marshmallows, making lanterns and bird feeders, praying, singing and thinking abotu what it means for Jesus to be the light of the world.
Everyone is welcome to join us - just wrap up warm! The forecast is currently saying there may be showers, so bring waterproofs. We can move inside if it gets torrential, but want to avoid this possible. You may also want to bring a fold-up chair if you have one.
As the service is outside it won't be available online - apologies for any inconvenience.
There's just a couple of spaces left at the quiz night on Friday 11th November, so if you'd like to come please let us know ASAP..
The evening will start at 6pm and include fish and chips. The cost will be £6 per head to include a 'small appetite cod and chips' and soft drinks/teas/coffees.
If you would like to come please send us an email.
On Sunday 13th November we'll be joining with others in the community to mark Remembrance Sunday.
At 2pm there will be a wreath-laying ceremony at the War Memorial on Coastguard Hill, followed by a remembrance service at 2.45pm at St. Peter's Church. There won't be a parade between the two this year - instead everyone si invited to make their own way to the church.
Christmas Shoebox Appeal
We've already had a great response to the CR2EE Shoebox Appeal for Moldova - thank you!
It's not too late to get involved - for more info and a list of gift suggestions, please click here.
We'd also appreciate any empty shoeboxes that you have at home - they will be used to make up boxes from the loose items that people are donating
COP27 - Laura Lee Lovering
Laura Lee Lovering is one of the mission workers we support via BMS World Mission.
In the lead up to the COP27 climate conference, she has written an article which might be helpful for your prayers. You can read it by clicking here.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Join us in praying for BMS health work.
- Thank God for the steadily improving hospital sector in Nepal. However, there remain significant gaps in care, particularly around disabilities and stigmatised illnesses. Pray for our partner in Nepal as it provides care for those with leprosy and seeks to develop specialist services in these areas.
- Please pray for improved speech and confidence for those who attend the BMS-supported speech therapy practice in Gulu, Uganda. Pray too for BMS-supported worker Isaac that he will be able to balance the responsibilities of running the practice.
- Please continue to pray for the recruitment of an additional surgeon at Guinebor II Hospital in Chad to share the surgical workload with BMS worker Kalbassou Doubassou.
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.