Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 5th March 2023.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 5th March
Tomorrow's service will be Splash! - our all-age service.
We'll be meeting at the chapel and on Zoom at 10.30am as usual, and exploring the idea of God being our 'healer' through songs, quizzes, craft, stories and more.
Do join us if you can! You're welcome to join us at the chapel or on Zoom. Please get in touch for the Zoom details.
Prayer & Praise
On Sunday 12th March at 6pm we'll be holding a time prayer and praise at the chapel. This will be an informal time to worship and pray together as the Spirit leads.
Everyone is welcome to join us!
There is no Partnership Lent course this year. However, St. Peter's Church would like to invite everyone to four sessions they are running looking at Richard Rohr's book 'The Universal Christ.' Fr. Richard comes from a radical Mystical and contemplative school of catholic theology in the same vein and stable as Julian of Norwich, William Blake and Thomas Merton and while you don’t need to have necessarily read the book, it would give a solid background to the course.
The sessions will start at 7pm in the Peter Hall, on the following dates:
- Tuesday 14th March – The four worldviews
- Wednesay 22nd March – Spiritual transformation.
- Tuesday 28th March – Christ is everywhere
- Wednesday 5th April – Contemplation
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Please join us as we pray for people on the move this week.
- Please pray for children who are members of refugee communities receiving education through Baptist churches in Lebanon, thanks to your prayers and support.
- Pray for BMS and those we partner with across Europe helping women, men and children through critical services such as health and sanitation services, education and livelihoods training.
- BMS participates in various refugee ministry networks across Europe. Please pray that as we collaborate with other organisations and groups, that God’s Kingdom will be seen, and people will reach out to him in their time of need.
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.