Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 5th February 2023.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 5th Feb - Splash
Tomorrow we'll be meeting at 10.30am at the chapel for this month's Splash! service. You can also participate via Zoom as usual. See below for the details.
We'll be exploring the idea of God being our provider using the story of Elijah. Do join us if you can!
Exmouth Foodbank Newsletter
The February newsletter from Exmouth Foodbank is now available to read by clicking here. This month they are in particular need of basics such as tins of fish, meat and fruit and boxes of cereal. There is also an app you can download to get real time updates of what is needed.
Don't forget that you can continue to bring any donations to the chapel (there's a box in the foyer).
Cost of Living Worskshop
On Wednesday 22nd February Seachange (the old Health & Wellbeing Hub) are hosting a Cost of Living Support Workshop. This will run from 2pm-4pm, and will include help and advice on reducing energy bills, accessing grants, maximising benefits and more.
If you or anyone you know might find this helpful, you can book a place by phoning 01395 446896.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Please pray with us for the global cost of living crisis.
- The war between Russia and Ukraine has led to so much pain, loss and suffering for the millions of people directly affected. It has also led to a spike in energy costs and a huge reduction in exports of grain and fertiliser. Please pray for an end to this conflict.
- BMS partners in Lebanon saw communities’ savings wiped out and vulnerable people pressed into deep poverty last year as inflation increased by 240 per cent. Please pray that people would find help through our partner’s support.
- Pray that rising costs will not deter western governments from keeping course with climate pledges. Pray that these pledges will help the team at BMS meet our creation stewardship goals.
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.