Welcome to our weekly news update for the week beginning 4th December 2022.
To receive this and other updates direct to your inbox via email, please click here.
For the full calendar of services and other activities going on in our church, please click here.
For safety reasons we don't publish the Zoom details for our services or meetings online. If you'd like to join us on Zoom, please get in touch for the details.
Sunday 4th December
Tomorrow we're back in the chapel and live on Zoom from 10.30am. We'll be lighting the second Advent candle, hearing the second in our series on Mary's Magnificat, and sharing around the communion table together.
If you're joining us on Zoom, you may want to have some bread and wine/juice ready to join in. Children's activities will be available as usual.
Please get in touch for the Zoom details.
Christmas in the Community
On Friday 9th December we'll be joining with the other churches and local schools to celebrate Christmas as part of the town's late night shopping event. We'll be meeting just before 6pm at St. Peter's Church, then parading down the High Street to the Methodist Church, where there'll be carols, readings and mince pies.
This is always a lovely event, so do join us if you can! If you have a jam jar lantern (like the ones we made at our November Splash! service) please bring them with you for the parade.
Thank you for your ongoing financial support for the church. There's lots of information about online giving, standing orders and how your money will be used by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can now give by text message:
- To donate £5, text BSBC to 70970
- To donate £10, text BSBC to 70191
BMS World Mission
Join us as we pray for BMS work mobilising communities across the world.
- Praise God that women at Bwera Baptist Church, Uganda are able to send children to school and start small businesses since beginning a mutual savings group, encouraged by BMS-supported community-based trainers.
- Pray that Awajún people in Peru might have improved nutrition through what they cultivate in their kitchen gardens, after BMS worker Laura-Lee Lovering assisted locals in training church and community members.
- Ask God to guide BMS partner Multipurpose Community Development Service, Nepal, in designing a church-based community development project, and courses on agriculture and entrepreneurship.
- Pray that the BMS workers who have had training in church and community mobilisation (CCM) can make a concrete impact where they minister
For more news, stories and prayers from BMS, please visit their website by clicking here.