Below you can find the whole of our Sunday service, or some of its individual parts.
If you'd like to get in touch with us, please don't hesitate to give us a ring on 01395 443137 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our church relies on giving of our members and attendees. We can't have our usual weekly offering at the moment, but if you'd like to give a gift, please click here.
Sign up for emails
Each week we send out an email newsletter with information about lots of things going on in our church life and around our region.
To sign up, click the button below.
The whole service will be available to watch on here after it has finished.
In the notices we mention some of the ways we can support global efforts to ensure everyone gets a vaccine - no matter what country they live in. The links mentioned are:
Message - Jesus in the Desert
The Bible reading for today is Matthew 4:1-11. You can read this by clicking here.
During Lent we're providing some questions to go with each message. These are for use in home groups, or for you to reflect on at home.
To download these questions in PDF format, click here.
- Read through the three suggestions Satan makes to Jesus again.
- Why would these have been so tempting to him?
- What are the underlying themes we find running through these temptations (the offer of power, dominion etc.)? How do these relate to what Jesus was born to do?
- How do Satan’s questions challenge Jesus’ understanding of his own identity?
- What do we learn about God and his coming kingdom through Jesus’ refusal to do what Satan says? What does it mean for Jesus to choose to follow the ‘way of the cross’?
- What difference does it make to be disciples following Jesus to the cross?
- How does this change and challenge our attitudes, priorities and behaviour, both inside and outside the church?
- How can we allow God to challenge and shape us as disciples, being formed in the likeness of Christ?
- What might it look like for you to commit to seeking God and turning back to him this Lent?
- Would you need to give something up? To begin doing something? Try a new way of praying?
- In which areas of your life do you find it easy to surrender to God’s will? In which areas do you find it hard?
- Spend some time in prayer, asking God to fill you (and others in your group) with his Spirit, to help you turn back to him in repentance, and to lead and sustain you as you follow in Jesus’ footsteps.