Below you can find the whole of our Sunday service, or some of its individual parts.
If you'd like to get in touch with us, please don't hesitate to give us a ring on 01395 443137 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our church relies on giving of our members and attendees. We can't have our usual weekly offering at the moment, but if you'd like to give a gift, please click here.
Sign up for emails
Each week we send out an email newsletter with information about lots of things going on in our church life and around our region.
To sign up, click the button below.
Message - Pilate
The Bible reading for today is Matthew 27:11-26. You can read this by clicking here.
During Lent we're providing some questions to go with each message. These are for use in home groups, or for you to reflect on at home.
To download these questions in PDF format, click here.
- Read through one of the gospel accounts of Jesus’ trial before Pilate (Matthew 27:11-26; Mark 15:1-15; Luke 23:1-25; John 18:28 - 19:16)
- How does Pilate’s conduct strike you?
- To what extent is Pilate…
- a good man surrounded by fanatics?
- stuck between a rock and a hard place?
- an innocent man caught up in the Jews’ dirty work?
- prepared to do whatever it takes to maintain the status quo?
- just afraid?
- Did the Jewish authorities misrepresent the truth to Pilate?
- If so was it intentional or not?
- How do we see the truth misrepresented in our time – either intentionally or otherwise?
- Did Pilate have the power to save Jesus?
- Talk about one aspect of your life in which you have some power and consider how you could use it better.
- Share of a time you stood up for something or somebody even though it was unpopular.
- How did you feel before and after?
- With hindsight do you think you did the right thing?
- Discuss this quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us… You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” (Marianne Williamson)