Unfortunately the weather isn't looking good enough to be outside together on Sunday 4th July. Instead, both Family Worship and the 10.30am service will be online as normal. We will try and be outside again next week!
On Sunday 4th July we're going to try and meet to worship outside on the school playground (weather depending!) .
The service will begin at 10.30am as usual and last around 45 minutes. The main advantage of being outside is that we can fit more people in and are now allowed to sing.
Children are welcome to come, but must stay under their parents' supervision at all times. The first part of the service will include a short all-age slot, after which activity sheets will be provided.
All being well, we hope to be able to livestream the service on Youtube and Facebook for those unable to come. The camera will be focussed only on those speaking and leading from the front, so no other faces will be shown.
A decision about the weather will be taken a day or two before. We'll keep people updated via email and Whatsapp for those who receive messages that way, and also here on the website. If it is raining, we will have the service completely online as usual.
What you need to know...
We hope this will be a fantastic time together and a chance to celebrate as we see each other again after so long! However, we also need to keep everyone safe. Therefore, please remember the following things:
- Please do not attend if you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, have had a positive test result or have been asked to self-isolate for any reason.
- There is no need to pre-book places at the service. However, you will be asked for Test & Trace details on arrival.
- Masks must be worn on arrival, when moving around and while singing. You can take it off when you are sat listening.
- The playground can get very sunny, so you may want to bring a hat, sun cream and a drink (we cannot provide refreshments). Looking at the forecast, you may also want a waterproof coat and umbrella!
- We will have some chairs available, but it would be helpful if as many people as possible could bring their own. You will be allowed to sit together as a household/bubble.
- Please follow the instructions given by the signage, stewards and service leaders.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Whilst we can chat to those seated near us, we are not allowed to mingle or greet everyone as we normally would after a service.
Places of Worship have a duty of care for everyone attending, and have to enforce stricter rules than you might follow with a group of friends or even in the local restaurant or pub. Please respect this, and also respect others who might not be as ready to engage socially as you are. We look forward to seeing you there!