Throughout June 2019 we've been learning how we can all be Green Guardians - helping to save the planet.
We've been sharing loads of different ideas about the small changes we can make to help make a difference. You can see some of them below.
For more information (and some more grown-up ideas), visit our Eco-Church pages by clicking here.
- Save Energy
- Try and always turn lights off
- Turn electronic devices completely off (rather than just on standby)
- Put an extra jumper on rather than turning the heating on
- Don't waste water by letting it run
- Eat less meat
- Get Outside - Being outside in nature is good for us, even if it's just walking down the road
- Try and walk, scoot or cycle rather than jumping in the car
- Try and find chances to get out and explore nature
- Setup a bird box, feeder or bug hotel in your back garden
- Plant some wild flower seeds in your garden or a big pot (see right)
- Cut Down on Waste - Always think 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'
- Cut down on single use plastics, especially in things like lunchboxes
- Try and avoid throwing food away
- Make good use of charity shops for toys and clothes
- Make sure you are recycling everything that you can!