Coronavirus means that we can't meet together to worship in the usual way. However, we still want to provide opportunities for people to get together (within government guidelines).
With this is mind, we're inviting different people from the church to organise an activity that they'd like others to join them on. The activity could be going for a walk or a coffee, meeting in someone's garden. doing a beach clean or anything else you can think of (as long as it's legal!). We'll advertise it here and give others a chance to sign up.
The idea is that, as well as being a social time, these are opportunities to talk, share faith together, pray and grow as disciples. Obviously some activities are more conducive to doing this than others, but even being able to meet together can be a chance for real encouragement. We've provided below some suggestions and questions you could ask each other, but you're free to do whatever you want.
Here's the events which have been organised so far. Click 'More details' to find out more and to book a place. If you are part of the church and are interested in organising an activity or event, please get in touch.
Nothing from January 18, 2021 to February 17, 2021.
You are free to talk about whatever you want in your groups. Here are some questions to help get you started:
- What is one thing you want to give thanks to God for at the moment?
- What is one thing you are asking God for at the moment?
- How have you felt/heard God speaking to you or challenging you this week?
- What has helped you grow as a disciple of Christ this week?
- What have you found difficult about being a disciple this week?
You could also spend time praying for each other, for our church, our community and our world.
If your group decides to start meeting more regularly and would like resources and/or other ideas, please get in touch with James & Julia. We'd be delighted to help!
All our groups need to follow the latest government guidelines for meeting people outside your household. These are changing all the time, but as a quick guide (as of 7th August):
- Don't go if you have any symptoms of the virus, or if you have been told to self-isolate for any reason. If you find you are unable to attend for any reason, please let the organiser know.
- Groups should not be larger than six people
- Groups should be socially distanced (2m unless absolutely necessary and with mitigating factors, e.g. masks, in place)
- You can eat inside together (eg. in a cafe) if there are only two households present. You can eat outside in groups of up to six people from different households.
- Avoid sharing food, refreshments, utensils, crockery, garden equipment, toilets or anything else!
- Wash your hands and, if people are using your home or garden, disinfect all surfaces afterwards.
- You can pray together, but no singing 🙁